Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Kale a super nutritious green food

Kale is a super, nutritious green food.


Curly purple kale - Carrie ©

That is one of the reasons why I grow kale in my organic garden.

This past summer I planted two varieties of kale - the curly purple kale and a long leaf green/blue kale. We enjoyed both but I do prefer the curly purple variety.

Kale is known to help protect the eyes as well as build and maintain healthy bones. It can be eaten raw or cooked.

To eat it raw, I either add it to my juicing along with other vegetables first thing in the morning, or I make dehydrated kale chips. It can be added to a salad or used to decorate a plate.

The dehydrated kale chips are a very viable substitute for regular chips, and provide a highly nutritious snack. They taste so good there's usually none left for another day.

I've posted a recipe for kale chips as well as several other ideas on how to serve kale, at Healthy living examiner.com

This summer I intend to try yet a third variety of kale - the curly green variety. Variety is the spice of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment